Maintaining a Good Lawn
Maintaining a Good Lawn.
How do I keep my lawn looking great?
To keep a top quality lawn all season you need to manage weeds, fertility, mowing frequency and height of cut. Here is a maintenance programme with some helpful hints.
- Mow frequently cutting it no shorter than 50 mm at each mowing to encourage a thicker grass sward (grass blade).
- Apply GTi Pyrifos G for grass grub and argentine stem weevil.
- Fertilise with Turfmaster Gold – very important to ensure the nutrients are available to the plans at all times.
- Spray weeds with a broad range weed killer such to control broadleaf weeds.
- De-thatch if necessary and oversow bare or weak areas with the appropriate GTi Prolawn seed blend and fertilise with Turfmaster Starter.
- Fertilise again with Turfmaster Gold at the end of November
- Apply GTi Aquaturf G in November/December
- Can be used in all garden areas including pots and tubs where difficulty in re-wetting exists.
- Fertilise with Turfmaster Gold – as important as in spring OR
- De-thatch if necessary and overseed bare or weak areas with the appropriate GTi Prolawn seed blend and fertilise with Turfmaster Starter.
- Apply GTi Pyrifos G for grass grub and porina.